GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE & DATA RETENTION POLICY
The EU General Data Protection Regulation - Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it.
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 3 reasons (the bits in bold-itallics are the relevant terms used in the General Data Protection Regulation – ie the law):
1. We need to collect personal information about your health in person or over the phone in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, it is your legitimate interest.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored:
• On paper, in locked filing cabinets in always locked offices and monitored by security camera 24/7.
• Work Diary, the practitioner carries her work diary with her at all times.
We will never share or sell your data with/to anyone, if someone does need legitamte access, i.e. for health reasons, we will explicitly write and ask for your written consent.
Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• The medical records service who store and process our files.
• Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment.
Advertising: I advertise my business online with Google, Nichelocal, BAcC and Zeta West.